Enjoy a spectacular mountain hike and swim in the unique thermal springs
Mountain Hike & Thermal Springs Tour
This tours combines an adventurous and scenic mountain hike followed by the relaxation of the natural thermal springs. This is definitely a sensational way to escape the city and experience the natural beauty of the Valencian region.
The 9km circular trail follows the river Maimona and its impressive canyon. It is called the route of La Bojera. Pass through pine forests, take photos of the spectacular mountains and gorges and be amazed by the huge vertical cliffs created by the river. It takes around 3-3.5 hrs and can be done at your own pace.
After the hike you can choose to have lunch in one of the local village tapas restaurants for some non-touristy local dishes at very reasonable prices or head straight to the thermal springs and eat your picnic there.
The thermal springs of Montanejos maintain a constant temperature of 25°C all year round. You can relax by sunbathing on the shore and taking a swim in the water, visit a water cave and if you are daring then jump off a 3m rock into the lagoon.
The springs are situated in a stunning mountainous location, making you feel relaxed and free and have historically been a place to visit for the medicinal properties of the water.
If you have chosen to eat your own lunch by the springs then there will be time to visit an enormous horizontal water jet created from a dam.
Located just over an hour away from Valencia. Enjoy a scenic drive with your friendly guide along the Mediterranean coast, through orange groves, villages, valleys and mountains, and passing below the historic Sagunto Fortress.
There is an option of a shorter and easier hike of 5km (1.5-2hrs) which can be decided on the day.
- Mountain hike
- Thermal Springs
- Water jet dam
- Tasty tapas lunch in a local restaurant (optional)
- Scenic drive
- Native English speaking guide
- Comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- Collect and drop-off from or near your accommodation in Valencia
- Water shoes
- Cost of lunch
- Minimum age 12 years (8 years if the shorter hike is chosen).
- Hike is 9km. Level of difficulty is Medium.
- Pick up 9.00am, drop off approximately 6.30pm (duration 9.5 hrs)
- Items to bring: small rucksack to carry your water and snack. Comfortable footwear with good grip as some ground is uneven (trainers/sneakers recommended). Towel and swimming costume (changing rooms at the thermal springs)
- For Summer months, also bring sun cream & sun hat
- For Winter months, also bring a long sleeve top/jumper and jacket