Enjoy a spectacular mountain hike and swim in the unique thermal springs
Mountain Hike & Thermal Springs Tour
This tours combines an adventurous and scenic mountain hike followed by the relaxation of the natural thermal springs. This is definitely a sensational way to escape the city and experience the natural beauty of the Valencian region.
The 3 hr hiking trail follows a river and its impressive canyon. Pass through pine forests, take photos of the spectacular mountains and gorges and be amazed by the huge vertical cliffs created by the river Maimona.
Next you will visit the thermal springs of Montanejos. The springs maintain a constant temperature of 25°C all year round. You can relax by sunbathing on the shore and taking a swim in the water, visit a water cave and if you are daring then jump off a 3 metre rock into the lagoon. The thermal springs are situated in a stunning mountainous location, making you feel relaxed and free and have historically been a place to visit for the medicinal properties of the water.
The final two stops is to visit an enormous horizontal water jet created from a dam and the picturesque reservoir behind it.
An option is to stop for lunch at a local restaurant. A selection of typical tapas dishes from the area at affordable and non touristy prices.
The thermal springs are just over an hour away from Valencia. Enjoy a scenic drive with your friendly guide along the Mediterranean coast, through orange groves, villages, valleys and mountains, and passing below the historic Sagunto Fortress.
- 3 hr mountain hike including photo stops
- Thermal Springs
- Water jet dam
- Tasty tapas lunch in a local restaurant (optional)
- Scenic drive
- Native English speaking guide
- Comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- Collect and drop-off from or near your accommodation in Valencia
- Photos of your day will be emailed to you afterwards
- Water shoes (+ wetsuit in winter)
- Water (750ml bottle) and snacks (cereal bar and fruit)
- Cost of lunch
- €85 adult
- €30 child (6-17 years)
- Minimum age 6 years (not suitable for younger children due to the mountain walk)
- Walk is 7km. Level of difficulty is Low/Medium
- Pick up 9.30am, drop off 6.00pm (duration 8.5 hrs)
- Items to bring: small rucksack to carry your water and snack. Comfortable footwear with good grip as some ground is uneven (trainers/sneakers recommended). Towel and swimming costume (changing rooms at the thermal springs)
- For Summer months, also bring sun cream & sun hat
- For Winter months, also bring a long sleeve top/jumper and jacket