Experience the stunning cliff route of Benitatxell
Coastal Cliffs & Beaches Tour
Situated 1.5 hrs South of Valencia, between Jávea and Calpe, is the amazing coastal cliff walking route by Benitatxell. The trail is situated between two pristine beaches.
The tour starts at Cala Moraig beach surrounded by high cliffs and turquoise waters. This beach has an interesting cave formation called Les Arcs which you will discover.
Then we begin the cliff walking route. The route is an easy level and takes around 2 hrs there and back. The trail is made 80m above the sea actually within the cliffs, giving fantastic views of the Mediterranean. There are various old stone huts along the route which have been used in the past by fishermen or smugglers.
It leads to a quiet beach called Cala Llebeig. This beach can only be accessed by walking trails and so is more secluded than the other beaches with road access. Here you can swim (summer months), relax and sunbathe and explore the old fishing huts.
There are two different itineraries depending on the month
Swimming in the sea. Picnic lunch at Cala Llebeig. Then walking back to the start of the route and finishing in an open-air restaurant and bar with amazing cliff top views. Here you could have some food from their delicious menu and relax with a cocktail while dipping into their infinity pool.
October – May
Less time at Cala Llebeig as swimming is not possible. After walking back to the start of the route you will be taken to a lovely restaurant where you can enjoy some local dishes at reasonable prices. After lunch, we will drive to the most scenic viewpoint in the area called el Cabo Negre.
- 4km cliff walk
- Two beautiful beaches
- Sea swimming and pool relaxation (Summer)
- Local Spanish food and viewpoint of the coast (non Summer)
- Native English speaking guide
- Comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- Collect and drop-off from or near your accommodation in Valencia
- Cost of lunch
- Minimum age 10 years
- Level of difficulty is Easy
- Pick up 9.00am, drop off approximately 6.00pm (duration 9 hrs)
- Items to bring: small rucksack to carry your water and food. Comfortable footwear with good grip as some ground is uneven (trainers/sneakers recommended).
- June – September bring your own lunch to eat on the beach.
- For Summer months, also bring sun cream & sun hat
- For Winter months, also bring a long sleeve top/jumper and jacket