Enjoy a unique day of canyons, hanging bridges, a mountain village and its Moorish castle
Canyon Trail & Chulilla Village Tour
This tour combines a spectacular hike through a mountain canyon and a visit to the beautiful mountain village of Chulilla which is only one hour’s drive from Valencia. The tour starts with the canyon trail which has incredible vertical cliffs created by the river Turia. The canyon is several kilometres long which provides an inspiring combination of mountains views, gorges, valleys, vertical cliffs, hanging bridges and green vegetation along the river. The canyon leads to a picturesque reservoir, surrounded by mountains, which is perfect to relax, listen to the waves by the shore and of course take some great photos. It really is a unique route and considered special in the Valencian region.
The hike finishes at the beautiful village of Chulilla which locals love but is definitely off the tourist map. An option is to stop for lunch (Saturday & Sunday only) at a local restaurant. A selection of typical tapas dishes from the area at affordable and non-tourist prices (vegetarian dishes available).
After lunch, you will have some free time to explore the village. Pass through the charming old streets and visit the ruined remains of the Moorish castle which lies on the mountain top above the village. Learn about the history of the castle and how it was built and destroyed by different empires over the centuries. And why not finish with a refreshing drink in one of the bars in the main square as you enjoy the local village atmosphere.
If you want to escape the city into nature, trek through a breathtaking canyon and experience a lovely mountain village in the Valencian region then this tour is for you.
- 3hr canyon trail with lots of stops for photos
- Chulilla village
- Historic castle ruins of Chulilla
- Picturesque reservoir
- (optional) Tasty tapas lunch in a local restaurant (Saturday & Sunday only)
- Native English speaking guide
- Comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- Collect and drop-off from or near your accommodation in Valencia
- Photos of your day will be emailed to you afterwards
- Water (750ml bottle) and snacks (cereal bar and fruit)
- Cost of lunch
- €85 adult
- €30 child (8-17 years)
- Restaurant lunch is only possible on Saturday & Sunday. Monday to Friday a tasty packed lunch can be provided for €6 per person
- Minimum of 8 years (not suitable for younger children due to the mountain hike)
- Canyon trail is 7.5km (4.5 miles). Level of difficulty is Low/Medium
- Pick up 9.30am, drop off 5.30pm (duration 8 hrs)
- Items to bring: small rucksack to carry your water and snack. Comfortable footwear with good grip as certain parts have uneven ground (trainers/sneakers recommended)
- For Summer months, also bring sun cream & sun hat
- For Winter months, also bring a long sleeve top and jacket
For June, July and August departure time is 7.30am and return at 3.30pm. This is to avoid walking in the midday heat.