Enjoy a unique day of canyons, hanging bridges, a mountain village and its Moorish castle
Canyon Trail & Chulilla Village Tour
This tour combines a spectacular hike through a mountain canyon and a visit to the beautiful mountain village of Chulilla which is only one hour’s drive from Valencia.
The circular hike is 15km and takes around 4.5hrs. Parts of the trail follow an impressive canyon with vertical cliffs created by the river Turia. The route has an inspiring combination of gorges, valleys, vertical cliffs, hanging bridges, forest, green vegetation and the blue lake.
The canyon leads to a picturesque reservoir, surrounded by mountains where we can eat our lunch.
It really is a unique route and considered special in the Valencian region. The hike finishes at the beautiful village of Chulilla which locals love but is definitely off the tourist map. You will have some free time to explore the charming old streets and visit the ruined remains of the Moorish castle. And why not finish with a refreshing drink in one of the bars in the main square as you enjoy the local village atmosphere.
If you want to escape the city into nature, trek through a breathtaking canyon and experience a lovely mountain village in the Valencian region then this tour is for you.
A shorter hiking route of 8km (2.5hrs) can be chosen on the day which still includes all the main points of interest.
- Canyon hiking trail
- Chulilla village
- Blue lake
- Historic castle ruins of Chulilla
- Turquoise reservoir
- Native English speaking guide
- Comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- Collect and drop-off from or near your accommodation in Valencia
- €95 per adult (discount for more than 2 adults)
- €50 per child (10-17 years)
- Minimum age of 10 years
- Canyon trail is 15km. Level of difficulty is Medium
- Bring your own lunch to eat on the hike
- Pick up 9.30am, drop off approximately 6pm (duration 8.5 hrs)
- Items to bring: small rucksack to carry your water and snack. Comfortable footwear with good grip as certain parts have uneven ground (trainers/sneakers recommended)
- For Summer months, also bring sun cream & sun hat
- For Winter months, also bring a long sleeve top and jacket